For those who love to use epilators, Philips Satinelle Essential Epilator is one of the best choices for them. This epilator is probably one of the most favorite entry price models on the list. There are various reasons to like the Philips Satinelle. It sounds very similar in most of the essential respects to far more premium-priced models. Let’s start by saying that the model is really compact and lightweight (coming in under 8 oz). You could quite comfortably use the device just between the thumb and index finger without a strain.
Epilator is one of the popular choices for hair removal in today’s world. People love to use this device because of its features and easy using process. Through an epilator, you can get very shiny and silky skin easily. An epilator is easy to use in the comfort of your own home whenever you feel like it. They are inexpensive as well. The devices are also long-lasting, which provides a minimum 2-year warranty.
Epilators remove hairs from the root of your skin, so you get smooth skin for at least two weeks. In some epilators, you need one device to remove hairs from the full body and face. Epilators are applicable for both men and women, and for every budget, you can buy an epilator for as affordable as $30-$40, the most costly ones not exceeding $100 by much. Some models also provide various accessories, such as facial cap, massage cap, etc. They are not messy, just choose a towel or blanket that you will use only for epilation, and you can put it wherever you want in the house. I prefer the bed, and I like things being comfortable.
The first significant proof of the Satinelle is that it comes ready and equipped as a full body epilator, thanks to the included attachments. It means that you can apply it to your face, arms, legs, and bikini line for smooth results that last up to three weeks.
Next, as like so many of the finest epilators on the market, the Philips Satinelle offers two different speed controls. This feature gives you control of the pace and intensity of your home epilation and gives you a choice for more and less sensitive places.
The device is not waterproof as many other more premium-priced models, that means you cannot use this during shower time. But the head is fully removable. Therefore, you can clean it without any hassle, which is a big plus.
Here, the design is straightforward, and the model is a very stripped back, basic epilator model. It is very flat and slim, and the shape fits right into the palm of the hand. The front panel has a simple button, which helps to control the speed, and besides these things, there isn’t anything else to note about the design. In remaining with the simple but practical design, one can instantly pull out the top of the epilator and can rinse under the tap for cleaning. Like other Philips Norelco ranges, the front is decorated with a floral print in grey on a white background.
As we already know, this is a pretty basic model, though what it does have is a solid enough set of automated tweezers, which is the base of all good epilators. The two-speed setting is quite noticeable for such an inexpensive model and adds to the routine’s comfort. Also, being readily able to cut different hair lengths is a significant benefit. It can also grab onto hairs as short as 0.5mm, an asset that is mainly reserved for the more upper-tier models.
The design of this epilator is ergonomic. The ergonomic design means that we can handle this epilator easily in one hand, adding further to the ease of use.
If we talk about compatibility, the Satinelle is looking strong and secure again. However, the accessories make the device specialized for dealing with every kind of hair epilation situation.
The only rule one should follow is that hair must be 0.5mm or longer and no longer than 1.5 cms. The perfect length of the hair for epilation with this model is around 34 MMS. The device can easily pick and remove the long hair by the tweezer, but the device may be jammed or clogged if the hair is not long enough.
Though it is a simple device, the features are great. Easy attachments included with the device can change it to cater to various hair lengths, plus caps for the more sensitive parts of the body and your face are included so you can quickly adapt the device to your needs.
You can use the Satinelle in the following areas:
- Face – Specifically, the top lip, but you can also use it for other areas that unwanted hair grows up. Though it is not applicable for eyebrow shaping, so we suggest not to try that.
- Underarm attachments- are included mainly for underarm use. The underarm is incredibly sensitive and vulnerable to ingrown hairs.
- Bikini line – Again, you can also use it in your bikini line. It provides a special cap for the bikini line, which makes the task very easy. You also have a range of choices depending on the starting length you’re epilating from.
- Legs – The blade’s curved edge makes moving around the curves on areas like your legs far more accessible and far less like work.
The accessories that come along with the Philips Satinelle are a significant asset to the product, and below are the accessories that come contained and their intended purpose.
- Shaving Head – This skillful little piece of plastic converts your new epilator into a shaver. This one is suggested for use under the arm for a close but sensitive shave.
- Trimming Comb – It is mainly used for styling the hair in your bikini areas. Suitable for a close tight shave without irritating. We suggest using this before epilation on your bikini line.
- Other accessories included – It provides a small carry pouch for storing your new toy or traveling with. You can also get a cleaning brush. Just remove the head, give it a quick brush round, clean under some water, dry, and reattach. Oh, and of course, you also get your usual manual included.
- The using process is very straightforward and easy. The design of this epilator is user-friendly.
- It is not heavy at all to carry.
- It has two types of speed settings, depending on the thickness of the hair.
- It also has 21 tweezers that will grip hairs and pull them from the root.
- The company gives a 2-year warranty. This means you can use the device safely and without worry for many years.
- It has a protective cap, so won’t pinch the skin.
- The cleaning process is very easy and doesn’t create any mess. You can clean it just by washing it in water.
- The cord is perfectly long.
- The device is not battery powered, so there is no hassle of changing the battery.
- Excellent value for money
- Philips Satinelle Essential epilator is one of the cheapest epilators on the market.
- If you are after a relatively basic, very reasonably priced model that is no more complicated than it requires to be, then this is a good option. However, if you’re looking for something with a little bit more of a wow factor, then again, maybe it is not the perfect one.
- You will not find the additional features like cordless technology, more attachments for more diversity, rollers, LED lights, etc. on the Philips Satinelle. Also, we’ve found that while it can be found on Amazon and elsewhere at a very reasonable price, it is far more costly elsewhere, so buyer beware.
- Sometimes the device can make noises, which is annoying.
- It may take several passes to remove small coarse hair.
- You can not use it on wet skin due to safety concerns.
The Bottom Line: However, after analyzing the review, we can say that people like this device because of its low cost and easy carrying process. If you are okay with the pain, then it is the best device for you. This is also very easy to assemble.