According to a recent survey by Philips, an average woman wastes 58 days of her life shaving. Luckily, there is a great solution out there. Epilators have changed the waxing/shaving game for most of the women. The best epilator for legs will not just save your time but money as well.
How epilating is better than waxing or shaving? Well, epilating will give you the silkiness of shaving and the long-lasting no hair benefit of waxing. Again, you do not have to wait for the body hair to grow long. Compared to waxing and shaving, it is less messy and quicker. So, in one word, epilating is the best of both worlds.
But, all these will be true if you choose the right epilator from the market. There are more than 1000 epilators on the market. But are all of these equally beneficial? Nope. You need to choose the right one that is worthy of your time and money. For this reason, to help you choose the right one, we have come up with the review of best epilator for legs in the market.
Comparison Table of Best Epilator for Legs 2020
|Product||Number of Tweezers||Highlight||Wet or Dry||Cordless/ Corded|
|Philips Satinelle Essential HP6401, Compact Hair Removal Epilator||21||Removes hair as short as 0.5 mm||Dry||Corded|
|Philips Satinelle Advanced Epilator, Electric Hair Removal BRE632||32||Ceramic tweezing disk rotates quickly for capturing hair effectively||Wet and Dry||Cordless|
|Emjoi AP-18 Emagine Dual Opposed 72 Tweezers Head Epilator||72||Silver Ion Technology keeps safe from microbial infection||Dry||Corded|
|Emjoi AP-9L Epi Slim Cosmetic Hair Removal||18||Great for both facial and body hair||Wet and Dry||Cordless|
|Braun Silk-epil 9 9-579 Women’s Epilator||12||SmartLight helps to see small hair patches for thorough hair removal||Wet and Dry||Cordless|
|Braun Silk-epil 5 Power 5280 Women’s Epilator||40||Massage rollers make epilating comfortable||Wet and Dry||Cordless|
|Emjoi erase e60 Dual opposed Heads 2-in 1 Epilator||60||Erase Glide technology prevents skin irritation||Dry||Corded|
|Braun Face 830 Mini Facial hair Removal Epilator||10||Slim head gives ultimate precision||Wet and Dry||Cordless|
|Emjoi Epi Slim Epilator||18||Patented 3 disc system||Wet and Dry||Cordless|
Review of the Best Epilator for Legs 2020
Philips Satinelle Essential HP6401, Compact Hair Removal Epilator
Introduction: Philips Satinelle Essential HP6401 is worth every penny you will spend on it. This is the example of a classic epilator. If you are looking for something less fancy but effective then this is the one for you. This epilator removes hair from your body very and makes your skin smooth and clean. With 21 tweezers, it can clean your leg and arms very nicely. Most of the users said they have never used such an amazing epilator ever in their lives. This offers satisfactory performance. In addition to this, the price is budget-friendly.
- This device is used on dry skin as it is corded. Even when used on dry skin, it does not cause pain or redness.
- It has a two-speed setting. You can choose the speed depending on your preference.
- The efficiency cap makes the device easy to hold at the time of operation. The device is ergonomically shaped for making the epilating experience comfortable.
- Another good thing about this device is you can wash the head of the epilator.
Why You Will Like:
2. Philips Satinelle Advanced Epilator, Electric Hair Removal BRE635
If you are looking for a fast epilating device then Philips Satinelle Advanced Epilator, Electric Hair Removal BRE632 is the one for you. With faster tweezing action, this device effectively removes hair from your legs, arms, bikini line and even face. It has been placed in this list of best epilator for legs because; it is a 2 in 1 device. This means it can be used on your wider body parts as well as sensitive areas. With 5 attachment heads, it will give you a silky and smooth feeling.
- This cordless epilator is very effective in removing body hair from its root. It even epilates small hair on the legs, face and bikini line. It will keep the skin smooth for 4 to 6 weeks.
- The new ceramic tweezers quickly rotate for capturing hair by its root.
- The extra wide head grabs the hair without hurting or pulling the sensitive skin.
- The battery works up to 40 minutes and the user can use it dry or wet.
Why You Will Like:
3. Emjoi AP-18 Emagine Dual Opposed 72 Tweezers Head Epilator
Introduction: Unlike many other expensive branded epilators, Emjoi AP-18 Emagine Dual Opposed 72 Tweezers Head Epilator comes with 72 electric tweezers in it. Not just this, this device comes with the Glide Technology that lifts the hair for giving a smoother finish and decreases any type of skin irritation. This is the first ever epilator that comes with the Silver Ion Technology which keeps skin safe from the microbial infection. It also prevents the growth of ingrown hair. Once you are done epilating, you can have smooth skin up to 6 weeks.
- For quick and comfortable tweezing experience, this device has 72 electric tweezers that effectively cleans the hair from its root. Also, helps to decrease the hair growth.
- The first epilator to think about keeping skin safe from microbial attack.
- With the exclusive hair lifting technology, it removes short hairs with causing pain to the user.
- It does not pull the skin so any chance of skin irritation after epilating.
- Its special technology helps to prevent the growth of ingrown hairs.
Why You Will Like:
Emjoi AP-9L Epi Slim Cosmetic Hair Removal
Introduction: Who does not love smoother and hair-free arms and legs? This is the perfect device to get back that baby skin ever again. With the slim and easy design you can use it effectively on your body. This can also be used for removing the unwanted facial and bikini line hair. This device is popular as it can remove even the smallest hair with precision. This is a great product to travel with. For its compact size, this device fits perfectly in your luggage.
- The product is battery operated. You need two 2 AA alkaline batteries to start the epilating. This is great if you travel a lot as you do not have to worry about voltages or adaptors.
- With the 18 tweezers, action discs your hair will be removed from the root. It keeps the area hair-free up to 6 weeks.
- The erase-glide technology helps the epilator to glide in circular or back and forth motion for smooth removal of hair.
- This is great for both body and facial hair. As the head is narrow, it gives you proper control on the epilator.
- It removes hair as short as 0.3 mm.
Why You Will Like:
Braun Silk-Epil 9 9-579 Women’s Epilator
Introduction: Braun Silk-Epil 9 9-579 Women’s Epilator is the ideal epilator for epilating the hair from its root. This epilator comes with a fantastic head that removes very short hair that cannot be removed by waxing. With this epilator, you can remove the hair, prevent ingrown hair, and even give yourself a good massage.
- The wider epilating head removes hair in just one stroke and keeps the area clean for 4 weeks.
- The MicroGrip technology of Braun helps to remove hair with precision. It said to clean 4 times shorter hair that even wax cannot remove.
- SmartLight helps you to get to the smallest hair for smooth hair removal.
- It comes with 7 different types of heads including the shaver head, high-frequency massage cap, trimmer cap, skin contact cap and charging stand along with facial brush. The facial brush helps to remove makeup and deep pore impurities and it is 6 times better than regular facial cleansing.
- As this epilator is cordless, you need to charge it for at least 1 hour for 40 minutes of operation.
Why You Will Like:
Braun Silk-Epil 5 Power 5280 Women’s Epilator
Introduction: This amazing epilator made it to the list of best epilator for legs because of its versatility. The Braun Silk-epil 5 Power 5280 Women’s Epilator is designed for long-lasting, efficient and gentle hair removal. This is best for women who have just started epilating. With the close-grip technology and 40 electric tweezers, this device will remove even the smallest hair effectively. A great feature of this epilator is it comes with massage rollers that stimulate the epilated skin. Along with this, the cooling glove soothes the skin after epilating.
- 40 tweezers to remove the hair from its root.
- The device is waterproof and washable under running water. This helps to maintain the hygiene of the device.
- Massage rollers give a soothing deep massage to the body parts.
- Ensures smooth skin up to 4 weeks
Why You Will Like:
Buying Guide of Best Epilator for Legs
With so many products on the market, buying the right epilator requires proper research. Here are the features that you should consider while buying the best epilator for legs.
Number of tweezers:
The epilator is a collection of electric tweezers that picks out each hair from the root. The more the number of tweezers, the quicker will be the speed of eliminating hair. The number of electric tweezers in an epilator varies from 20 to 72. However, with the increase of tweezers, the price of the epilator will also increase. Some people believe more number of tweezers causes more pain but this is not true. But, it will surely make the epilating session quicker.
Dry or wet application:
Epilators can be of two types, one is corded and other is cordless. The cordless ones can be used both wet and dry as they do not need to be plugged in anywhere. On the other hand, corded ones need to be connected to a continuous power supply; hence, the user can only use it dry.
Although both types of epilators, removes the hair from the root, some people find it easy to use the epilator in the shower as it’s more comfortable on the skin. But, cordless epilators are handier and easy to travel with.
At the time of buying the epilator, figure out why you need it. Some use epilators for face and some for arms, legs and bikini area. Therefore, it is essential to keep in mind why you require it. For delicate areas like bikini line or face, you need something with a lesser number of tweezers while, for arms and legs, you need something with more number of tweezers.
Apart from the above-mentioned features, there are a few more things that you might need during epilating. These settings set the epilators apart from the cheaper ones in the market.
1. Speed settings:
There are some epilators that just comes with the on and off mode. But, some epilators come with speed setting as well. The user can choose whether he/she wants the epilating slow or fast. It is better to go for the ones that have a convenient speed setting. So, you can choose the speed depending on the growth and area of hair.
Yes, there are epilators in the market that comes with LED lights on them. The LED light on the epilators helps the user to focus on the area they are epilating. This light is great if you do not have enough light in your room. Many times, we miss little hair patches on the skin; LED light will help you to get rid of those small hairs as well.
3. Epilator accessories:
If you go for an expensive epilator then, you will get multiple accessories along with it. The accessories include different heads for different area epilating, travel pouch, cleaning bush, etc. These accessories are really helpful to protect your epilator from moisture and dust. And, it will also keep your epilator clean.